Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Journey - Where It Began

Wow! Nearly two years have past since I last posted. It has been a whirlwind - so very much has happened. Let me begin to share the awesome way that God is at work in my life and my incredible journey from striving in the “world” to living in God’s Kingdom. I will start by describing a little about where I began.

During the first fifty years of my life I was a “self-defined” Christian. I believed in God and tried to find a church that accepted the lifestyle I was living. No way was I going to change my lifestyle. I sporadically attended main-stream churches, searched for meaning in some new-age philosophies, and always felt like something was missing.

My life was exhausting, pursuing success as the world defines it, accumulating a degree, promotions, titles, and possessions. I had it all; high paying job, beautiful home, and three wonderful children. (Three failed marriages, but that is a story for another time.) I was in control and managing everything on my own. I didn’t need anyone to help me.

Until . . . my life began to implode. Over the course of a couple of years, my third marriage failed, my children were growing up and leaving home, and I lost my job. I stopped going to church. I realized I had no friends, and no relationships beyond casual acquaintances and co-workers. Most significantly, I lost my identity as wife, soccer mom, executive, breadwinner, co-worker, mentor, and church and community volunteer.

In April 2006, I accepted Jesus as my Savior and was Born Again. I didn’t fully understand what that meant. During the five years since, I have been on a journey discovering what it means and who I am in Christ. I have met God in so many ways, been forgiven much, and surrendered all of my life to Him. At first He worked on building a personal relationship with me, and then He brought others into my life to continue to build relationships.

Today, I am part of a large family of Followers of Christ. I know who I am and I have felt the joy of living in the center of God’s will. This journey has not been easy or without pain, but it is absolutely worth it and continues each day. I look forward to continuing to share my story and I pray that you will be encouraged and blessed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment